Monday, July 12, 2010

David Gilmour and Roger Waters played together for charity Saturday night


I did not see this one coming.

Long time enemies (and more recently friend-emies) Roger Waters and David Gilmour got together and played a couple of tunes on their acoustic guitars Saturday night. As with the last time, it was a charitable cause that brought them together. Previously it was for the Live 8 concert, which was a surreal night for Floyd fans all over the globe. This time it was in aid of the children of Gaza.

If you were hoping that this could spur on a larger reunion between the two, don't get too excited. Apparently, Roger invited Dave as a guest on his recent The Wall tour and Mr. Gilmour was simply not interested at all. A shame really if you ask me. If you're interested, they apparently played "To Know Him Is To Love Him" by Phil Spector. This, according to the David Gilmour Blog is a typical soundcheck favorite. Who knew? They also played the usual "Wish You Were Here," "Comfortably Numb" and "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2.". No surprises there.

If you want more info, you can check out all the press coverage here, here and here.

Look at these two old men.


---Just a note to those who are still reading the blog after my lengthy absence (many thanks):

While I can't promise posts on a regular basis, I do plan on keeping this thing going. I'm trying to work out some things on the personal front and until I do the blog will have to be pushed to the side. I will post the occasional big news story (like Roger Waters and David Gilmour on stage together! How crazy is that?) and will try to write the occasional thoughtful review or essay when I have something that I think is actually worth saying. Quality over quantity. Once I do get things sorted out personally, expect this thing to take off again. I'm also really interested in doing the podcast again, but that's primarily a financial issue at the moment.

That's all for now. Until next time:

Keep the Prog alive!

No comments: